a girl and a dog

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

i’m the girl on the beach that sits and daydreams while watching the surfers in the water.  i should probably learn how to surf myself, but at the moment i’m pretty happy with my camera in hand, watching the world go by.

these photographs were taken at a beach somewhere near gracetown.  i was sitting on the sand when a black dog ran up to me and decided it was going to keep me company for a while.  when the dog saw a person coming out the water, it would race down the beach to see who is was.  after that it would trot back to me and look at me with weary eyes as if to say, ‘well, where is he?’  the dog was worried about its owner, out there in the surf. 

i’m glad someone knows what it’s like =)

DSC_0333

DSC_0273

DSC_0280

DSC_0362

DSC_0369DSC_0279

4 comments:

SJ said...

Ha ha sounds like me when we go to Albany however I don't have a camera I just wander up and down the beach while the boys are surfing. Day dreaming is dangerous when your wandering along the rocks ha ha :) love your photos xo

Melinda said...

Very cute dog! After snowboarding I decided I should take up surfing and get lessons in Bali- until Tim reminded me that it takes a lot of effort to get good... If you decide to learn, I'll go the hard slog with you! xo

Melinda said...

Very cute dog! After snowboarding I decided I should take up surfing and get lessons in Bali- until Tim reminded me that it takes a lot of effort to get good... If you decide to learn, I'll go the hard slog with you! xo

Chantelle said...

What a great little story Aimee - beautiful pics too. Hope you are doing well with full-time work!! See you soon xx