old books

Thursday, September 30, 2010

i love old books!  i have started a collection of old hardcover books with some pretty famous names etched into the spines like enid blyton, agatha christie and charles dickens.  i love the little notes that are sometimes written on the insides, reminders that these titles were once owned and loved by someone else.  the oldest book in my collection is from 1940, but i am always scouring the op shops for more books to add to my ever growing pile. 

DSC_0006DSC_0109copy DSC_0001 DSC_0004 DSC_0023DSC_0030

4 comments:

Chris said...

Nice collection there, Aimee! I love old books, too. I'm always checking op-shops for the classics. I'm jealous of your copy of "Treasure Island". And a book from 1940? That's pretty impressive.

katie lauren said...

they look great in photos too :)
nice collection !

SJ said...

Oh Aimee, i think we would get along just dandy :) I was just talking to someone the other day about old books, and how i just want an old rustic bookcase full of old books just for show, and when i get my big arm chair by a big fire in my library i might just sit down and read a few...i admire your collection. The end :)

Chantelle said...

Love your collection Aimee - I have a few oldies too with the nice aged looked; great for my crafty creations.